Here’s what you need in San Diego: A California-compliant ESA letter from a licensed therapist or doctor.
That’s all there is to it! With a California-licensed practitioner’s ESA letter, your pet gains protection as an emotional support animal (ESA) under both federal and California law.
ESA Therapy Sessions in San Diego
San Diego is a beautiful city, with its warm weather and beach access. Like any big city, however, the high cost of living and pace can often place a strain on mental health. Regular mental health services may be out of reach or not the first choice for many — private therapy practices in downtown San Diego can charge upwards of $325 for a single session.
However, if you need free or low-cost mental health services, numerous resources are available for San Diego residents. For example, consider San Diego Access and Crisis Line and the California Mental Health Helpline for crisis counseling and mental health support.
These resources are essential but are usually not suitable for assisting with an ESA recommendation.
Cost of an ESA Letter in San Diego
The cost to see a mental health professional in San Diego for an ESA letter can vary widely. Our base plan offers an ESA letter for just $159. Choose our Plus Plan for $189, and your yearly renewals are only $99.
We offer the most convenient way to get an ESA letter in San Diego. As a resident, you can acquire a legitimate ESA letter from an online provider. We can connect you to a California-licensed professional specializing in ESA letters through our service.
Our fees are affordable and transparent, and you’ll be treated with compassion by a healthcare professional experienced in addressing the specific needs of ESA owners. These healthcare professionals are also aware of the latest California rules concerning ESAs, including the recent mandatory 30 day waiting period requirement.
From start to finish, the entire process is handled remotely. So, whether you reside in North Park, Hillcrest, Gaslamp Quarter, Pacific Beach, or La Jolla, you can qualify for an ESA letter without leaving the comfort of your home.
San Diego ESA Rights
What can you do with an ESA letter in San Diego? Once you have an ESA letter, you can enjoy the following housing rights:
- You can live in no-pet buildings (including rentals and condos).
- Your pet fees and pet deposits are waived.
- You’re exempt from pet breed, size, and weight limitations.
Emotional Support Dogs in San Diego
ESAs can be dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, fish, and any other type of small, domesticated pet. San Diego is an especially wonderful place for owners of emotional support dogs (ESD). There is a plethora of outdoor areas where you can take your ESD for exercise and fun:
- Balboa Park: With its expansive green spaces, trails, and gardens, Balboa Park is a perfect place to enjoy a nice walk or jog with your dog. Just keep in mind that your emotional support dog must be on a leash, and there are designated off-leash areas at certain times.
- Ocean Beach Dog Beach: This is one of the first official leash-free beaches in the United States. Here, your ESD can roam free, meet other dogs, and frolic in the surf.
- Fiesta Island Off-Leash Dog Park: Located within Mission Bay Park, Fiesta Island offers a large area where dogs can run free. There’s plenty of space for fetch, and dogs can even take a dip in the calm bay waters.
- Nate’s Point Dog Park: Located in Balboa Park, Nate’s Point is a leash-free dog park that’s open 24/7. It’s fenced, offering a safe space for your dog to play.
- Cabrillo Tide Pools Trail: This is a great spot to take your dog for a hike. It offers a 0.5-mile trail where your dog can explore the area and enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean. Dogs are required to be kept on a leash.
- Rancho Bernardo Dog Park: This park features small and large dog areas, so dogs of all sizes can enjoy a run-and-play session in a safe, fenced environment.
Remember, when taking your dog out in public, it’s important to be mindful of leash laws and to clean up after your pet.
San Diego, with its sunny beaches, thriving nightlife, and wide variety of outdoor activities, is a fantastic place to live, especially if you have an animal companion. However, even residents of this coastal paradise can suffer from the effects of depression, anxiety, PTSD, or other mental health conditions.
If your animal is essential for making you feel better, you deserve to have your right to your emotional support animal protected. We’re here to assist you with the ESA process from start to finish.